Brother Larry Johnson
2014 Omega Man of the Year
2014 Achievement Week Luncheon
Over the weekend Achievement Week was celebrated with a luncheon to celebrate the hard work our chapter has dedicated itself to over the last year. Not until our works are compiled is it apparent how involved we are as a chapter. Below are some of the events supported by the chapter:
- Habitat for Humanity home building
- Dr. Charles Drew Blood Drive
- Forest Green Manor Seniors Activity Days
- Undergarment Drive for tornado victims in Arkansas
- Omega Psi Phi Prayer breakfast
- Tutoring at the Boys and Girls Club of Plano
- Food 4 Kids with North Texas Food Bank
- Memorial/Omega Services
- Plano Martin Luther King Holiday events
- Representation at 9th District Meetings and the Grand Conclave
Because of our chapters dedication to service, a Recognition of Service Award was added this year and presented to the Lambda Upsilon Sigma Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, for the outstanding work they've done and partnership they have created with the North Dallas Ques.
With all that said, join me in congratulating the following Brothers for their dedication and service to our great fraternity by the works they do as members of the Alpha Iota Iota Chapter:
- Brother Rod Delph - 2014 Lawrence Carriere Brotherhood Award Recipient
- Brother Horace Satisfield - 2014 Citizen of the Year Award Recipient
- Brother John Williams - 2014 Superior Service Award Recipient
- Brother Larry Johnson - Omega Man of the Year Recipient
Brothers, an unplanned yet prevalent theme of the luncheon was taken from the poem Live Your Creed. It was quoted by the program's emcee Brother Larry Johnson, mention in the Sermonette by Brother Daryl Amos, and read to introduce the Omega Man of the Year Brother Johnson. I encourage each Brother to continue to strive to Live Your Creed.
Have a blessed and productive week Brothers. Long live the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity!